- Monday-Friday7:00 AM – 6:00 PM
- Saturday8:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Electric & Hybrid Vehicle Service
Electric and hybrid cars generally have different maintenance schedules than standard gasoline-powered vehicles, and Galpin Premier can help you stay up to date on what your car needs.
The good news is electric and hybrid vehicles typically require less routine maintenance like oil changes and brake pad replacement. You can find your car’s maintenance schedule in the owner’s manual.
If your electric or hybrid vehicle has any issues, bring it into the Galpin Premier Service Center where our factory trained service technicians can diagnose and repair your vehicle.
Questions? Ask Our Technicians!
Browse our FAQ below, or call (888) 705-9213 and we’ll do our best to respond to your questions and concerns regarding automotive needs.
- My battery died and needed a jump start. Does it need replacing?
- Not necessarily. Though a dead battery could be a sign it needs replacing, there could also be a problem with the alternator or other component that would cause the battery to die.
- The battery light on my car came on. What does this mean?
- If the battery light is showing on your car’s instrument cluster, it likely means there is an issue with the vehicle’s charging system. We can run tests at Galpin Premier to find out what the problem is.
- Do hybrid or electric cars use a regular 12 volt car battery?
- Even though most hybrid and electric vehicles use an advanced lithium-ion battery pack to power the electric motor, they still require a standard 12 volt battery to run items like the headlights, radio and wipers.
- Can I jump start my hybrid car?
- Many hybrid vehicles can be jump started much like a standard car, though the process may be different. Check your car’s owner’s manual for the proper jump starting procedure.